American Family Insurance - Review about Car Damage Claim from Salt Lake City, Utah

The driver of a mr appliance van slammed into the back of my car causing me to hit the person in front of me and the person in front of them.A week later they still don't do anything and I am still out a vehicle.

American family is the WORST insurance I have ever delt with. I can't believe that even when the Insured has rental car, I have not been offered or approved to have a rental while they take their sweet time lolly gagging around trying to get out of it. I am so irritated that each time I call I get an automated answer "I'm sorry, you can use your Insurance for a rental" um, no. Get me a car or I will keep filing complaint after complaint.

And as I can see from the 20 complaints, NONE have been resolved. Great company. Thanks for NOTHING Matthew at American family and Dustin Tate at Mr. Appliance.

You guys are just peachy.

Here's my car.Not doing anything but sitting here damaged.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
Car Damage Claim
Review category
review #628407

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Family Insurance? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 07, 2015 #1059845

DO NOT GIVE IN TO AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE! Keep fighting! Get an attorney if you don't have one, you will need it because they do their best to cheat you! Call your local news channels...they can help you by doing a story on this, It does work! Call your insurance commissioner & tell them what's going on. They can help! American Family Ins will cheat you if
you don't stay on top of it! Good luck!

1 0 Reply

May 01, 2015 #978761

It's funny that you say that. Because the person who hits you pays for the damages. I know exactly how insurance works! My husband owns his own insurance company. Perhaps you shouldn't be using your own insurance to pay for a rental when someone wrecks your car. Especially a company vehicle. while you can pay for a rental and jack up your own insurance rates while they take their precious time, you shouldn't have to. Ever. So, thanks for your comments but it doesn't mean anything when American family insurance takes as much time as they can runnig you around to get out of taking the blame. Including accusing me of hitting the car in front of me, causing the person behind me to run into me. Interesting.

Apr 30, 2015 #978489

I don't think you know how car insurance works. If you pay for the rental option on your policy, then you get a rental car when you are in an accident - not the other person who was involved. And like the other person said - you call your own insurance company and they take care of it, that's what you pay them for.

Apr 28, 2015 #977709

Use your own insurance. Your insurance company will collect from them. That's what they told you and that is how it works.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.