The driver of a mr appliance van slammed into the back of my car causing me to hit the person in front of me and the person in front of them.A week later they still don't do anything and I am still out a vehicle.

American family is the WORST insurance I have ever delt with. I can't believe that even when the Insured has rental car, I have not been offered or approved to have a rental while they take their sweet time lolly gagging around trying to get out of it. I am so irritated that each time I call I get an automated answer "I'm sorry, you can use your Insurance for a rental" um, no. Get me a car or I will keep filing complaint after complaint.

And as I can see from the 20 complaints, NONE have been resolved. Great company. Thanks for NOTHING Matthew at American family and Dustin Tate at Mr. Appliance.

You guys are just peachy.

Here's my car.Not doing anything but sitting here damaged.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of car damage claim from American Family Insurance and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants American Family Insurance to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Family Insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with American Family Insurance?

Comments

DO NOT GIVE IN TO AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE!Keep fighting!

Get an attorney if you don't have one, you will need it because they do their best to cheat you! Call your local news channels...they can help you by doing a story on this, It does work! Call your insurance commissioner & tell them what's going on. They can help!

American Family Ins will cheat you if

you don't stay on top of it!Good luck!

It's funny that you say that.Because the person who hits you pays for the damages.

I know exactly how insurance works! My husband owns his own insurance company. Perhaps you shouldn't be using your own insurance to pay for a rental when someone wrecks your car. Especially a company vehicle.

while you can pay for a rental and jack up your own insurance rates while they take their precious time, you shouldn't have to. Ever. So, thanks for your comments but it doesn't mean anything when American family insurance takes as much time as they can runnig you around to get out of taking the blame.

Including accusing me of hitting the car in front of me, causing the person behind me to run into me.Interesting.

KevinRichardson

I don't think you know how car insurance works. If you pay for the rental option on your policy, then you get a rental car when you are in an accident - not the other person who was involved. And like the other person said - you call your own insurance company and they take care of it, that's what you pay them for.

Use your own insurance. Your insurance company will collect from them. That's what they told you and that is how it works.